Label Quality/FPMP Certification
In France, like in many other countries, we are vexed when “Pilates classes” are given by instructors who are not necessarily qualified to teach this particular method. To teach the Pilates method, it’s not enough to be trained as a fitness instructor.
With this in mind, the FPMP created a “Label Quality” called the FPMP Certification as a tool to allow the general public and practitioners to easily identify the qualified professionals in the field. See the steps required for FPMP Certification here.
The FPMP Certification is given once the professional’s file is accepted, and it attests that:
- the professional believes in and embodies the values of our Fédération in his or her practice
- the professionnel has completed a training programme in an FPMP authorized training school (or equivalent) of a mininum of 600 hours (or 250 hours if it is only a mat training)
- the professional has signed the FPMP Code of Ethics (Click here for a printable version)
- the professional has an up-to-date insurance policy (Responsabilité Civile Professionnelle) to teach the Pilates method
- the professional is trained in first aid
- the professional has no police record